Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Phoenix or Bust!!

Tomorrow at 4:00am, Kate and I start our drive to Phoenix for her six day volleyball tournament.
Because we are going back East this month for a long family vacation, Walter can't take this week off of work....so it is just me and my adorable, moody, hormonal pre-teen. On a six to seven hour roadtrip.... whoa.
Months ago, I thought about making it a girl's trip and having Liz come along with us, but then over time it started to make sense to not have Liz come along. It is SO hot there, and she doesn't do well in the heat. The days are 7-8 hours of volleyball which she finds super boring. Also, it will be nice to have one-on-one time with my adorable, moody, hormonal pre-teen (are you following the theme of Kate lately?). I am nervous to leave Liz, and her doctor (who has called twice in the last two days to talk about her...seriously lucky to have Dr. L) was shocked that I am leaving her here, but it will be good to have time apart. Liz has become anxious when I leave even for a few hours; months and months of time together all day, every day, is not good. She needs to know that she doesn't need me and she will be fine here under the care of our extended family. Ugh, my stomach is in knots over it though!
Dr. L will call me tomorrow or Wednesday and let me know results of some of Liz's labs, and if anything needs to be done, Walter and my sister or the grandmas will deal with it. If something was to become emergent, I can always fly home. Please pray for Liz's health this week and for her adjusting to our separation, and for a safe drive and trip for me and my Kate.
110' weather (yuck!); tons of volleyball; time with my adorable, moody, hormonal preteen; no cooking; no chores; pools; and fun....viva Phoenix!!

No comments:

Post a Comment