Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Update

Lizzie is doing well! She has had some bumps over the last two days, so she is still in the hospital, but overall we think she is doing well.
I could go over all the medical talk and things that have hindered her going home, but I will keep this post light and blog with photos of the positives.....

Thursday night Liz started with a distended belly. Surgery was called in around 10:00pm, and it made for another long night
She finally was able to get some rest and looked peaceful.

Liz has a history of post-op pneumonia, so she worked hard this time to expand her lungs.

Walking helps keep her lungs healthy, too.

Liz has wanted privacy this hospital stay, and I have to respect that and restrict visitors. We did
enjoy having Alyssa, Juliette and Makayla here yesterday morning, though. Many of you know of Alyssa and how she was
beyond very sick for a long time. Now look at her- she is amazing!! She's also sassy, hilarious, and a great cuddler.

Liz graduated to jello this morning! Finally! The poor thing has to gain back the weight she's lost this week( she lost a pound overnight, alone), on top of what she needs to gain overall. Thankfully, the g-tube will help her do that!

Lizzie's friend Maryam is inpatient right now, too. She is in the room next door and those cuties knock in code on the wall that is behind each of their beds. This knock was to ask Maryam to escape the Unit and walk outside....

........look at them peering and planning their escape

.......run girls, run!! Karen (Maryam's mom) and I couldn't stop laughing at our girls and their "old lady" strolls as they
pushed their poles and made a break for freedom.

Ahhhh, fresh air for the first time in a week and a visit to the koi pond.

Liz is doing a great job in here. It was disappointing to have setbacks an to still be inpatient, but I am greatful to know that we are over the most difficult parts of this stay and headed home soon.
Ooooo.... one more positive- I have quit soda while in here!! It was seriously a detox, and my head hates me for it, but I figured if Liz can endure her suffering, surely I can motivate myself to give up Coke. I did it, and I am not going back. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Liz's hair look like gisele bundchen's! Just beautiful! Keep fighting strong girl!!

    ReplyDelete