Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Bushel and a Peck....

 I grew up going to Oak Glen to enjoy a Fall day of apple picking. How fun to continue the tradition with my own family. On Saturday, my birthday, we headed up to the apples. Liz was supposed to begin a bowel clean out, but we held off a day because I had my mind set on a family day in the beautiful weather and nothing was going to stop us. We had the best day!

First stop was to pick pumpkins....


I love them a bushel and a peck.


 

Fitting because it IS true that Jackson has a big pumpkin head : )

Tractor ride up the hill.....

....and a beautiful view. Thank you God for eyes to see.

I would not let them start picking apples unless I was able to take their picture.

Going up.





Jackson was searching for yellow apples on the Red Delicious tree

I could not have been more happy on my birthday.




One of my most favorites ever of Kate.







Isn't she beautiful?



The tree(s) behind the girls was a set of twins. It was one tree that split in two.
Thanks for duplicating, silly girls!

Yay, a corn maze! Which way to go?

We decided to split up

I see you, mu Lulu

Choosing apples....

....for pressing. Let's make some cider, y'all!



We brought in our muscle girl when it got super tough


It is filling up.

They did it! Teamwork and some sibling arguing makes for great cider.

Kate caught this photo of Jack. After a long day, he was ready for home.

Until next year, Oak Glen.
I will remember this year, this image, especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment