Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I HATE CDiff!!!!

I HATE C DIFF!!!! I wrote a long post, that somehow was erased, so here is the short version:
Labs from yesterday show the infection is still there. This is awful, for many reasons. She immediately has started back on an antibiotic while her doctors find a new antibiotic. There are few options for treating CDiff and she is allergic to one of them, so it is frustrating.
Her doctor is not going to admit her tonight. He said we will wait 24-36 hours to see how she is doing. Unless her fever spikes, she starts bleeding more or her pain or nausea is uncontrollable, she may stay home. Antibiotics for CDiff are only given orally so she doesn't need an iv or injections. Her doctor will call daily to check in.
CDiff is a nasty, aggressive infection that no one should have for this long. Liz's poor colon can only take so much.
She amazes us with her tolerance to pain and discomfort. She takes each bout of nausea and trip to the bathroom as they come and only wants to be at school.
Thank you for praying for her. To my friends who happened to be with me today when the nurse called me, thank you for being so caring (Jill, thank you for holding me up : ))

No comments:

Post a Comment