Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Laughing

I LOVE to laugh. I pray my kids will have a good sense of humor and enjoy laughing; I think they do. Walter and I laugh all the time. I will admit that even at times of struggling most in our marriage, I missed laughing with him most.

Last night my sister pushed and pushed me to join her for a sister date night. Our friend Laura and her sister (her twin! I enjoy watching her with her identical twin because they remind me of my girls and I get a glimpse of how Liz and Kate may be when they are older) went too. We saw a totally inappropriate, crude, silly, immature movie....and it made me laugh for two hours straight.

Today I have laughed.....
Jackson is dressed in his board shorts and a beanie. Why?!
Kaitlin came to me upset that Elizabeth wasn't helping with the chore of cleaning their room. "She is just dancing around, doing the "Hooky Pooky! Make her stop!" I asked her to repeat what Liz was doing (knowing full-well she meant Hokie Pokie) and again Katie said "The Hooky Pooky!"....is it wrong that I was dying of laughter inside and I did NOT correct her?
Liz asked me for $329, as though she was asking for a dollar. Straight faced and dead serious she asked me for it. When I asked her why she needed $329, she said "Alright, $299 will do it." I told her she would have to earn it, to which she said she would. She then asked how long it would take and when I told her that it would take a LONG time to earn that much, her response was "yeah, um that's not going to work for me."

....and I will giggle again when Walt gets home from work tonight and I repeat this all to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment