Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thank you!



This is a short post, just to say thank you to those who are praying for our Liz! Even strangers are praying (thank you Christina, Yvonne and Erin for sharing our prayer requests with your friends and family. And to Megs, who heard about Liz and took the time to pray and write a little note on the blog, I appreciate you.).

I will say again how I admittedly curse Liz's pain and suffering at times. It sickens me to watch her go through years and years of this mess, and as her mom I beg daily for God to choose me instead to carry her illness. I know though that no pain is wasted and she is His child first and that every prayer and every act of kindness is a reflection of that. So, thank you!

An update for today is that Liz went shopping with her grandma...and did a bit too much. She got really sick late in the afternoon but is better tonight- thanks to Zofran and some fluids. A very positive update is that the Retic test came back normal, so her marrow is producing red blood cells as it should. Her other counts are pretty much the same- low. BUT, not lower than they were (except for platelets, which are most likely lower reflecting the way the infection has worsened), so we'll take that as another positive. She is anemic and that is why she is pale and extra tired...which we already knew.
Thank you for praying! I just know this round of the Vancomycin is going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment