Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Again

Again I come to you asking for prayer. Again, I am sure that many will echo the sentiments of others and ask "why can't they figure this out?" Again, I have prayed for and expected to get a phone call with all great news from Elizabeth's doctor. Again, my stomach dropped this afternoon when I heard Dr. Lee's tone as she started to talk. Again, it feels like Liz needs to catch a break.
This morning I called the GI nurse to ask for Liz's lab results from Tuesday. It was odd that she would not give them to me and especially strange that when I asked her to just fax the rests to the Pediatrician, the nurse said "Dr. T will get those to her Ped. after he talks to you tomorrow."
Well, that doesn't work for me! I called Liz's Pediatrician and that lion of a woman didn't accept waiting until tomorrow either so she looked up the labs herself and then called me.
"I know why the GI nurse didn't want you to know the results until Dr. T was back on the office (to see them)"
Liz's Prealbumin-a critical protein indicator used to assess health and nutrition- is the lowest it has ever been. So, so very upsetting. Her Prealbumin number, along with her weight, is why she was hospitalized for three weeks in March and diagnosed with severe failure to thrive. Given the fact that she lost 2 pounds last week and now her Prealbumin is so low, it feels like we are moving backwards. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment