Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy

I have felt so happy this weekend. I could list many reasons why, but for the most part it is because I
had days surrounded by friends, Liz has felt pretty good this weekend, and my heart is full from watching my kids play, play, play for three days straight.
First, my Allison was in town! She had the nerve to move away from me, and it always makes me happy when she is here. Friday night I went out with her and another sweet friend, and we stayed sitting at our table - laughing and talking- until close to midnight as the employees cleaned around us. Midnight, y'all....that is crazy late for this momma!
Saturday, we spent the afternoon at the park while celebrating a first birthday for baby Joel and
spending time with our precious Hyatts, in town for the weekend. The kids ran and played blistfully with their friends.
Sunday was our church picnic and we spent SIX hours at the park.
 I LOVE that we have such special family friends to spend time with and who care about each other so very much. Isn't it great to watch our kids grow up together?!
It doesn't take much to make me happy.
Simple days spent with special people is sometimes all it takes.






Bless his heart- Jackson "played" frisbee football with the big guys. He only touched that frisbee twice in thirty minutes, but he didn't quit. He huddled, waved his arms, cheered and ran, just trying to fit in as one of the guys.

Beautiful Kate and Harper

Look at Lulu's face!! She was in so many rounds of that cake walk, determined to win a treat.

.......and it paid off!

Kenzie won, too!!

Ben and Jack are buddies. Jackson could not believe there was a "game" that rewarded you in cake!

THIS made me VERY happy!! Miss Liz ate this ALL BY HERSELF.
She is trying so hard.

The boys invited Kate and Liz to play kickball. Let's just say that Kate's five years of playing at recess,
many times the only girl playing with the boys, has paid off. If it was an Olympic sport, Kate would represent the US. She's awesome.

Ty Smith was so wonderful with the kids. Jackson was the pitcher.

Liz had great kicks, too. Fixing her hair before each kick helped, I'm sure ; )

I LOVED this moment, and I am saving this picture for when I need confirmation that the girls love and support each other.
As their teams were switching "up's" (they were on opposite teams), the girls passed each other. Kate put out her hand to low-five Liz, after Liz had a good kick. I seriously had tears. Kate has no idea how much Liz admires her athletic ability, and to get a "good game" from her, was awesome.



1 comment:

  1. So so happy you all had such a special weekend...love this and you so much<3

    ReplyDelete