Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Takes my breath away...

Elizabeth has had a goal of growing her hair long enough that it reached her bum. She's just about there...and so very proud.




Oh wow. My Elizabeth is amazing; her faith is amazing. Tonight she came to me and asked if I could play the song "Blessed be Your Name." I have mentioned this song in a past blog. I love it and so do the girls. Today we heard it in church and I am sure that's why it was on her mind tonight. I sang a bit of it { Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say blessed be Your name. Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering. Though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name} and asked her what she thinks the words mean. She immediately answered "it means that even if you have bad times or go through really bad stuff, God is with you and you should always remember that." Then she said "This may sound dumb (oh my Liz, if you only knew how smart you sound), but I know that God gave me my surgeries to show me I can trust Him." It was so matter-of-fact I actually (shamefully) said "do you really think that Liz?" before I told her that I am so proud of her.
You must know how Liz has grieved for her situation at times and how she has even said that God loves Kaitlin and not her because she is the one who gets sick. BUT, my Liz has a faith that runs deeper than many adults I know and it only gets STRONGER over time; stronger with every procedure, surgery and diagnosis. Tonight she took my breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment