Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday







Today is BEAUTIFUL! I almost feel guilty to be enjoying such a gorgeous day while Travis suffers in -40' weather. Not a typo by the way. He has had negative 40' weather!! How can a person even live in that environment?!

Jackson had his second baseball practice today and was cute as ever. The poor kid is sick yet again with a nasty cold and probably shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a bat considering how medicated I made him so he didn't have to miss another practice.

We had an afternoon of chores once home from the Field. Jax is my window-guy. He loves that spray bottle and asks me a million times if he "got the spots" and did a good job. I love it!

The photo of the kids in the dirt was taken during their lizard funeral. As I was cleaning the patio today a lizard ran up the wall of the house. Liz wanted to catch it and so she knocked that poor thing off the wall and, well, I assume he had major head trauma. Katie begged me to save it's life but I explained that head trauma cannot be undone with CPR, and besides, I have never learned lizard CPR. The thing actually had life still in him, but my Liz, who must have been socializing during the part of Science where AIR IS NEEDED TO SUSTAIN LIFE (!) is discussed, put the lizard in a jar where he succumbed to his head trauma and suffocation. So, a funeral in honor of the poor little guy is taking place as I write this. I about lost it when I saw that they buried him in my garden, where I was planning on planting this week! Of all the places in the yard, they had to choose to bury him next to the tomatoes and basil.
It is important to note that in my daughters' opinion, a singing competition is required at the funeral of a lizard. Seriously. They are outside with their microphone belting out "Bubbly" right now, over his poor tiny grave. For goodness sake, they could at least be singing hymns!

So, this is our silly, sunny Saturday. I am basking in the warmth of their giggles, eulogies and "hey batter-batter"'s.

No comments:

Post a Comment