Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

No Offense

Elizabeth went to school today for a few hours!!! YAY! She is still in pain and very tired, in fact yesterday she slept six hours during the day, but it is important she be at school. Yes, she needs the instruction and in-class time, but even more than that, she needs the socialization and to be a normal kid. Sunday she announced "But I caaaaaannnn"t stay home with YOU(me) for another day!...No offense."
Missing days and days and days of school is not good....so she went. We knew she should start back slowly and is too tired to make a full day, so she went from 9:00-12:00.

This morning I left her at school teary after a full morning of crying (followed by a three-hour crying marathon last night). She just kept saying that she was emotional, she was nervous about the schoolwork, and she doesn't have any friends (Kate is in her class, but that doesn't count I guess!). This morning she added how much she was going to miss me to her list of tear-starters. I lovingly said how much I love my time with her, but honestly told her that we are driving each other crazy being together 24/7 without a break for so long and we needed a change for a few hours.... no offense! : ) So she started the day a wreck.....and was all smiles when I picked her up at noon! She said she'd made seven new friends and she was so happy to be back at school. Oh, my heart!

We'll see how she is in the morning...hopefully we can have a repeat of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment