Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Broken

Planning is something that I need; it is just in my nature to plan, plan, plan. I have written before about how this whole experience with Elizabeth has been teaching me about being flexible and how to accept that plans are often broken. Tough stuff for a personality like mine.

I have been anxious to get to the Spa for a massage! My mom gave me a certificate for my birthday, back in October, and it has been burning a hole in my...head. Just knowing I have had it, but not had the time to use it has made me crazy. After my three week stay at the hospital with Liz, sleeping on a chair bed, my back and neck are a mess. I scheduled an appointment for a massage for today and was looking forward to it..... but had to cancel when my dentist's office called and offered me a cancellation spot. Blah! I have had to cancel my dental appointment for months and I really have issues going on, so I had to take the dentist over the Spa.

I rescheduled the massage for their only opening tomorrow that will work for me...and now Liz has an elevated temp. If I miss that massage because I am at the ER or doctor's office with Elizabeth, I will be heart broken...alright, that is a bit dramatic, but I will be irritated. Not to joke- we are really praying over here that her temp goes down, as "100.4, out the door" is a new thing we have to live by while she has the PICC line, and I really don't want to go the ER or have my girl feel sick.

Walter and I finally got around to a dinner out, after days and days of broken plans. It was so nice to be able to sit and talk. Even though we were seated in a booth in the bar, and the games were on, we both put our phones away and turned away from the tv's and we actually talked about things other than the kids or any of the brokenness that seems to be happening around us right now. Happy to reconnect.
Speaking of broken......
Some couples finish off a date with a walk on the pier, or a movie. Tonight, Walter started breaking this toilet so that he could fit it into the trash can (in our town, you can only have the trash that is in the can, picked up). I went outside to talk to him, and we ended up taking turns slamming this thing with a sledge hammer. It felt good! Jackson stood at the door watching us like we were crazy people as we laughed and hit away until it was a broken-down pile of porcelain.


And, an update on Liz.... she gained 1.3lbs this week!! Yahoo, the TPN and Lipids are working!! She had labs drawn and we'll get those results tomorrow. If her red cells, hct and hgb are as low as they have been the last few weeks, we'll have to do something, but I am trying to be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment