Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy

Feeling happy and so lucky today, which I wouldn't expect to feel because today was not extraordinary- I am pretty exhausted after a week of Liz waking every night, and this day included a long and painful dental appointment for me (I seriously had to do some lamaze breathing in that chair!). But, I do feel waves of such happiness and joy, and it is during times like these when I know I am feeling His love and I may very well be being prayed for.
 Things that have made me smile today-

* At this very moment, I am holding Miss Harper. Her newborn-ness is just out of control cute and I could hold her for hours!

* I am holding Harper because my sister is out on a date with her husband- this makes me SO happy. She has taken care of so much for me over the past few months and I appreciate her. I will never be able to thank her enough and I haven't been able to help her with Harper or the other two girls during Harper's first weeks as I would have liked to. I could watch her girls every week for life, and it still wouldn't be enough to show her my appreciation.

* Elizabeth gained about 2 lbs this week!! Exactly what she needs. Hooray!

* Jackson said "yo-yo" again in his perfectly imperfect way. It makes me giggle every time I hear it. And then he asked Kate where is "Roger talkie" was...he means walkie-talkie. I asked him to repeat himself three times just so I could hear his cuteness!

* Walter has been back at work for 5 days, and tomorrow he is off. I am looking forward to having him home during the day. I miss that guy!

* I have seriously beautiful kids. Seriously. Not just their outside beauty- but their inside is what gets me most. They can be sassy and even naughty at times (mostly to each other), but they are kind and loving and super compassionate and I adore them.

* Tonight we had our last scheduled dinner drop-off. It has been such a blessing to have meals brought to us over the past two weeks. I haven't had to think or spend time on dinner, which has been a nice break and allowed me time to spend with the kids, just being together. And, the meals have been an extra reminder of how kind people are, especially when they know another is hurting. Awesome.

* I am a stay home mom, not originally by choice. We cannot take lavish trips or buy all the diamonds I Liz would like, but my goodness, we have beautiful cars and a nice home and I am totally grateful for these things!

* I have my health and Walter, Kate and Jackson are healthy. That is something to smile about!!

{Liz has an OR slot at 2:00 on Wednesday to have the PICC removed and a new one placed. I am also anxious to hear her lab results from today... I would be very happy and a bit less anxious if her counts have gone up, even a little, because they have only been declining for the past five weeks. I will hear tomorrow.}

No comments:

Post a Comment