Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The past few days have been consumed with Kate's volleyball. Thanks to the help of family, I have been able to attend all of her games over the past two days. I am always so happy when I am at Kate's tournaments- watching her play and interact with her friends. She deserves normalcy and I am grateful I have been able to give her some mommy-support. I was up for hours in the middle of the night with Liz as she cried because she felt sick. She has a fever, super site throat and congestion/ runny nose. Such a bummer. Actually, I just laughed out loud at that because it is such an understatement. It is way more than a bummer... it is scary. Her colds so easily turn into a sinus infection or pneumonia and those both require antibiotics, which for her means the onset of CDifficile. When Liz is sick with a simple cold, the Pediatrician and Infectious Disease doctor must be contacted, and I am on edge waiting to see if it will pass instead of turning into much more. Luckily she has appointments already scheduled with Hem/Onc and Pulmonary/immunology on Monday, so those docs can take a look at her. Please pray that Liz can get over this virus quickly and that the morning brings some relief for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment