Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

For you, Spence!

Do you know what today is? It is Spencer's ONE YEAR CANCER FREE anniversary!! Hooray!!!
I have tears as I write this, because I am so happy for our sweet friends; for brave Super Spence; for my Holly. I am glad to blog about Spencer tonight, because I know that many of you prayed for him.
You are looking at strength.
Spencer and Liz have a bond and are some pretty powerful, enduring, brave,
FAITHFUL, strong kids!

Last July, the Gooch fam visited California. Another one of Liz's long hospital stays threw off our plans for days together, but we managed to have some fun in Liz's hospital room.....and maybe almost get kicked out of the place!
Aunt Holly is a naughty influence when it comes to motorized hospital beds.
Rockin' their Super Spence shirts. We prayed and prayed.
As bad as it was before, we never dreamt Liz would now be facing some of the same things Spence had to endure.
But if Spencer could take on cancer, surely Liz can get over all of this stuff.


 

    That Super Spence beat stage IV inoperable cancer! Eventually, Soon, Someday came.
     We love you Gooch family....and we'll continue to pray.
Annnnnddddd..... Dear Nate Gooch- please send Holly and the kids to me again this Summer! It is essential to my mental health, and we need a July do-over. : )

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!!! I am so excited for Spencer!! What an AMAZING blessing and awesome day to celebrate!!!!

    ReplyDelete