Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kate and I spent Friday-Sunday at her Junior Olympic Qualifier Tournament in Anaheim

She plays in "the pipe", and is a great passer/bumper.
One of the best athletic qualities about Kate is that she is totally coachable; so eager to learn and get better.
She surprised herself this tournament with the points she scored.

Kate's team was eliminated on Sunday, and as if three days of play wasn't enough, her team met
up to play some sand volleyball on Sunday afternoon.

While Kate played ball, Liz and Jack had fun on the swings......

Awww, the sun and wind felt so good. Yay for fresh air!

Joyful, joyful Jackson. Look at that giggle!

I love his toothless smile.

How can I not be happy around this little boy?!
                
      The weekend was good! I just soak in my time with Kate, and it makes my heart full to see her play a sport loves and her spending time with her friends. I was so hesitant to put her in Club ball at such a young age, but it has turned out to be a great thing for her during this challenging time with Elizabeth...she has her own thing away from all of this, and she is happy when she is playing. It is a normal thing amidst some not so normal stuff, and I feel fortunate we are able to give her this.
The park was totally spontaneous, and to tell the truth, I didn't want to go. After three long days of volleyball, I just wanted to get home and rest and do chores. I am so glad we went, though. The time in the beautiful weather was just what Jackson and Liz needed.....and me, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment