Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Before



I like this picture. I liked it when I took it and I especially like it now because to me, this represents "before." Before that last surgery just a month after this photo was taken. Before Liz started bruising and acting so tired and having her hair fall out more than usual when I would brush her locks. Before she got sick. Because even though she has had years and years of stomach surgeries and procedures, she was never like this. She was never so sick. I can't stress enough to all the doctors and friends who are new to praying for her, how much Liz changed after that last surgery.
This photo is Elizabeth. Before.

Liz tried school today....and lasted the whole six hours! Her teacher is wonderful and if wasn't for her there is now way I would be able to feel comfortable leaving Liz. School has made her exhausted and she says she feels like she is sick (duh!), but oh my, how good for her little-big soul to get to be around friends today and have the normalcy of school!

She is coughing more than she was last week and her fevers, congestion and headaches persist, so the Infectious Disease doc, Dr. M (aka Cute Doc),and her Pediatrician decided today that the bacteria causing her sinus infection is not reacting to the antibiotic she's been on. So, they are switching the antibiotic. Normally not a big deal, but given the CDiff, a stronger antibiotic is scary to give her....which is why so many doctors need to talk about it before prescribing it for her. Please pray that her body fight the CDiff, as this medication for the sinus infection leaves her gut weak to it.

I mentioned the other day that Dr. M. was going to arrange for Liz to get into the Pulmonary doctor as soon as possible. He did make the call and speak to that doc and she will be seeing him on Thursday morning. She will also have the test for Cystic Fibrosis at that time. We have heard so many great things about this Pulmonary doctor and it is wonderful that he is also an Immunologist, which will benefit Liz, too.

Please keep praying for our Liz!!

No comments:

Post a Comment