Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Woohoo and Boo!

Woohoo, I have had a wonderful weekend! My birthday was relaxing with a trip to the spa and then a yummy sushi lunch. Yesterday I had a three hour lunch with girlfriends at beautiful Fuego, and last night my sister had the kids overnight so Walter and I could go to dinner and a movie. I think I have had more free/me time in the last three days than I have had in the last three years. It has been wonderful and I am grateful for my sister and husband for helping to make it happen. To all of you who sent notes, cards or gifts.... please know how fun it was to feel extra special!

Now, for a bit of a boo... we met with Infectious Disease on Thursday afternoon. He is concerned that Liz presents in a way similar to a patient with Cystic Fibrosis. So, she will be tested asap. I pulled the doctor aside and asked if he was testing her just out of protocol or to cover his butt (I actually said that. Not my most proud moment, but I need honesty) and he said "No, I think there is enough doubt in my mind that we need to have her tested." So there you go. Personally, I don't think she has CF. For goodness sake, on paper she looks like she could have quite a few diagnosis', so I am not worrying yet. I will let the doctors worry or wonder for now. It usually takes months to get an appointment with the Pulmonary docs, but the Infectious Disease doc made a call and she will be seen much sooner.

She has been on the antibiotic for the sinus infection for 5 days now. Her symptoms are no better and in fact her cough is worse, so the ID doc will most likely switch her antibiotic. He is being unbelievably careful with the dosage and which drugs he chooses because we don't want her CDiff taking off due to the sinus infection meds.
As for the CDiff, time will tell how these antibiotics will effect her.

As Liz lays next to me napping at 4:00 in the afternoon, exhausted from a trip to the park, I am reminding myself of how this will be over someday. She will be well, she will have energy, she will be back to normal soon....I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment