Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Update

This is a short, and very choppy update.

Liz tried school today....and only lasted 40 minutes before having to be picked up. I took her to the Pediatrician because she's had this latest viral-thing for over a week and her cough and fatigue is worse. Her doctor thinks she may be developing a sinus infection, so she's on a new steroid nasal spray (which now puts her at 13 meds a day) and we'll see if this helps. If it doesn't get better in the next few days, she'll have a CT scan to confirm the sinus infection. If that is the case, Infectious Diseases will take over and manage the treatment because it is just so, so risky for her to be on any antibiotics right now as antibiotics fuel the CDiff toxin. I always say...this is such a cycle and I am tired of spinning 'round and 'round.
While at the office today I told the doctor how much more pain and nausea Liz has had the past three days, so she had Liz leave a urine sample....which showed her to have a 4+ protein urine reading. There is room for error when done in the office, so the sample was sent to the hospital lab. We should find out tomorrow if this was just a false positive reading, or if she truly is dropping that much protein in her urine and this is a sign of another one of her systems being sick. That would just devastate me, so I won't even go there until I know if there is something to worry about.

The pediatrician spoke with the Infectious Disease doc and the GI doc this afternoon and they agreed that if I feel comfortable, I can keep her home for now, pushing fluids and making sure she is resting. I will do anything to keep her out of the hospital and so we are home. We pray her virus is not a sinus infection and that she doesn't develop pneumonia as the doctors have worried about.

Thank you to everyone who passed on our prayer requests yesterday. To all of you, both friends and those we have never met, I am unbelievably grateful for those who care about Elizabeth and pray for her health. Please know how much we appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment