Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bleeding

You should see my eye. Those who have had the pleasure of seeing me this week can attest to the fact that I am a bit scary to look at....my right eye is literally bloody-red where any hint of white should be. Not pretty to look at. I think it is from a blood vessel, but it has gotten worse over the last four days so I am going to the eye doctor tomorrow...because I have so much time to spend at yet another appointment. I don't have high blood pressure, I didn't sneeze hard or cough, and I haven't had any eye trauma. Do you know what the other possible medical reason for a burst eye vessel is? Stress. That I do have.

Maybe my body is telling me something. Maybe it is yelling at me to admit how tired I am and how no matter how many smiles I put on, I am carrying stress and I should not ignore that.

Or maybe my bleeding eye is like a warning to people...I am bleeding inside! Who cares about the eye? It is my heart that hurts. My Liz is sick and as I watch her feel awful, take her meds, miss days and weeks of school, adapt to what is beginning to feel more like a new normal rather than a "bump in the road" illness...I feel like my heart is bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment