Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Excitement

Our home is full of excitement tonight as the kids plan out our day and overnight stay at Disneyland tomorrow. Yay! Liz has been sick this week, but today seems a bit better, so I am relieved that she will be well enough to enjoy our day. She is totally fighting wearing a mask tomorrow while we are there, but it is a must. I told her she needs to, the doctors said she needs to, but she told me that none of us are smart (she is half right!). So, I told her I would ask an unbiased "smart doctor" who is not caring for her..... and he said he advises it. Tomorrow will bring a stand-off, I am sure.
I am so looking forward to tomorrow and our family time together. The timing couldn't be better, as this will be a last hoorah before we get biopsy results and she begins treatment next week.

Today we submitted for an extension for her Home/Hospital schooling. It was a bummer to follow through with the actual paperwork, but I know it is best to keep her out of class. Hopefully the IVIg will have a big effect on her and her immune system will be good enough for her to go back to school by February.











I haven't blogged about my chance to do a walk-thru of the new Ronald McDonald House last month. You may remember that Liz (and the Russo boys...hey M & S) had the chance to take part in the groundbreaking ceremony last year. It has been fun to watch the house grow as we drive past it each time we go to an appointment or the hospital.

The house is beautiful and will be such a blessing to every family who has the opportunity to spend time there. It has been a privilege to have just a tiny part in it and I encourage all of you to volunteer if you can. They are taking names and scheduling dates for help. If you would like to make a meal for those in the House or provide baked goods, or host a movie night there.....call the LB Ronald McDonald House to get more information.

We are lucky to have the hospital so close to our home, but many families do not live as close, or their homes are not clean or safe enough to stay in while their child receives treatment. Volunteers like you can help make a difference in their lives.

Have a wonderful weekend......we will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment