Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Two days in a row of fun....

Tea, anyone?


{Our Children's Ministry Director is amazing and puts on the sweetest tea parties. This year, fourth and fifth grade girls and their moms (because fifth grade girls don't call their moms "mommy" anymore- BOO!) were invited to attend a Christmas Tea. It was beautiful and yummy....and super special.

PS- Just so you can get a hold your belly laugh like I did, I will share this....
At the Tea we played a game where the girls answered questions and the moms answered how they thought their daughter would answer. Think Newlywed Game. Anyway, one of the questions was
"Who would your mom most likely be mistaken for?"
My answer was "Megan"
The girls' answers......
Liz- " A person younger than she really is"
Good girl, Liz!
And Kate's answer....wait for it....
"Brian Austin Green's wife"
Bwahahah! I totally see the resemblance, don't you?!}



I am blessed to have girls to share tea parties with! Wendy Brunner, you better believe I thought of you on this night!







In Liz's words- "Well at least my bad blood and special tummy give us some really fun stuff!" Yes! Last night we had the opportunity to ride in the Belmont Shore Christmas Parade, representing Miller Children's Hospital. Jackson was beside himself when he heard we would be riding in a LBPD SWAT team tank. Seriously, he was beyond excited. For two hours before the parade started, the kids literally played in and on the tank. As if that wasn't little-boy-heaven enough, Jack spent the majority of the parade in the passenger seat, operating the siren and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas over the speaker. Liz and Kate channeled their inner-Miss America and waved from the tank opening. Just such a fun night for our family.




The photo quality is awful, but this is Jackson being held up by Officer Owens, to look out of the turret.



I giggle each time I look at this one. Kate seriously looks like she is being hauled away; like she's been in this position before.





Jackson had too much fun in the tank! At one point, as he was swinging from the inside of the truck, I reminded him to calm down and he talked-back, saying "Leave me alone because I am in SWAT training!" Ummm, he was reminded that even SWAT officers can get time-outs.




The red eye is awful in this photo and I am not able to correct it, but wanted a shot of me with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment