Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Yahoo!

Yahoo!!! Today Kate had her counts drawn at her Hematology appointment. As we arrived, the nurse asked me to fill out a history sheet for Kate's new patient file. I smiled and told her that I would do it out of protocol, but I knew this would be Kate's one and only visit to the office.... my official unofficial call.
Kate's numbers look fantastic! The doctor agrees with my thinking (alright, I should probably phrase it that I agree with the professionals opinion)- that a virus hit her body super hard and caused her counts to crash last week. We won't test her again until July. Such a great thing to see counts that look so great! Grateful!!

Now for a few things I am following and I think you may want to follow, too:

The Taylor's are getting close to the Run for Ruby - to be held on the morning of January 7th in Rancho Santa Margarita. Please check out the site or blog to learn about this amazing family and all Ruby's life has inspired. If you don't want to run (though I know many of you who are runners and would love to do something to benefit the Ruby Foundation while running a beautiful course), you may want to go to donate blood with the Red Cross or register with Be the Match...or maybe just to enjoy the morning.

Go here for more information:
http://www.rubyjanefoundation.org/run-for-ruby/


My friend Jen left two days ago for....wait for it... 10 months of traveling around the world! Say whaaaattt?! I am so envious. If I was not a married mom, I would either be a business woman traveling this world (the whole reason I studied my now useless Japanese in the first place) or a back-up dancer for some pop star, bouncing from place to place (never mind the fact that I have no coordination, caused by what I have shared before.... Travis Ramsey. Had he not been born and pushed my parent's budget or time management, I would never have been pulled from my five year old ballet and tap classes and I would be an amazing dancer, I'm sure! I am not bitter at all:)
This PTA mama, who is drowning in carpool and throw up, is so excited because I am totally going to live through Jen. You can too because she has a website and will be keeping a journal of all of her adventures (shenanigans) throughout her journey.
She is full of energy, totally brave, ready to throw caution to the wind, going places many of us dream of visiting, is a petite little thing with the food tolerance of caveman meets Bourdain, loves wine, and is only taking one pack with her for the year... how can you not want to follow her?!

Here is an article about Jen with a link to her site:
http://www.gazettes.com/lifestyle/resident-leaves-life-to-travel-world/article_d4045e44-2cd4-11e1-9dee-001871e3ce6c.html

No comments:

Post a Comment