Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 9

Day 9...we are still here. NG tube still in, night feeds still happening...still here. Lord, give us patience.

Liz had a visit from sweet Lola, a therapy dog who visits the patients.

Jessie sent a yummy Edible Arrangement. Liz squealed and would absolutely not share her cantaloupe or strawberries with anyone. Thank you, Jessie!

Field trip! The hospital made an area out front that looks relaxing. It sits on a teeny hill, so the water features and koi pond aren't visible from the street. I had no idea the pond was there.

I tried not to reflect on how badly I just want out of this place.

Searching for Koi

We saw a nurse taking pictures of something in the tree three days ago. After we investigated we found this tiny, tiny nest. It really is so small.

The nest sits precariously on the branch, so we didn't want to move the branch at all. Yesterday, though, I thought to take a picture looking down at the nest. I stretched my arm high, shot the picture, and we were excited to see that there are eggs in the nest!


Trying to remember this is but a season.


2 comments:

  1. Love your heart. Hope you are not there long enough to see those eggs hatch;). You still owe me your number handsome ideas for a care package. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly cool garden. I'm so glad you get to enjoy that. Could your nest be a hummingbird nest? They aren't much bigger than a quarter or maybe half dollar. Thank you so much for sharing with the rest of us. The garden almost makes me wish I could be a patient for a day - or at least visit you and have you show me the garden. Love you...

    ReplyDelete