Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Fun

Walter has been on vacation this week, but we haven't seen much of each other as he has been home working on projects (cleaning out the garage and painting the kitchen/entry way) and I have been busy with many appointments for Liz as well as a couple meetings. Finally, we got some time together today.
In the early afternoon, we saw a movie (thank you, Katie, for having Jackson over for play after school) and tonight, my sister watched the kids while we went to an early dinner.
We saw a violent, action, bloody movie that was Walt's choice and dinner was at Morton's (we had a $100 gift card), which wouldn't be on my list for a restaurant pick, but after nearly 12 years of marriage, I know that by compromising, I am more likely to get a great massage....plus, the guy had a root canal yesterday and painted, so he deserved it.
Anyway, it was a great day and I am happy we had time together.
Last night, I was kidnapped by a couple of girlfriends for dinner. It had been penciled in on the calendar and no matter what, they were determined to take me away for girl talk and laughs. We got to the restaurant at 7:00 and we didn't leave until 11:30! The place closed at 9:30, and we talked over the noise of clean-up and even the vacuum, for goodness sake. Girlfriends are such a gift in life and man, even though this journey with Liz leaves me often feeling incredibly alone, I am just lucky to be surrounded by women who keep it real, lift each other up, and laugh like little girls.
Such fun.

I cannot wait to tell you about something special that my girls and Walter are doing tomorrow! Looking forward to sharing in another post. While they are doing their thing, I will be taking Jackson out on a little date; I always look forward to time alone with my little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment