Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Elizabeth's Choice...

Elizabeth Claire made my heart stop this morning.
We were walking from the car to Jackson's classroom for pick-up and she stopped me and said "I want to tell you something."
I asked her what she had to say and she answered-
"I want to be Baptized!"
My heart stopped. Out of surprise and the pureness of her request...it stopped.
When I asked her why she would like to be baptized she said....
"Because with all I have been through, I think God is trying to tell me something. I want him in my heart and I want people to know that I follow Jesus"
She went on to say that she has been thinking of it for a while and she feels it is what she needs to do.
Ironically, she has not been to church in months and months (her wonderful teachers mail home each week's lessons).

My precious girl. My sweet Elizabeth, who has been downright mean and nasty lately...sharp with her tongue and even cruel with her actions. My girl, who has made me more concerned about her emotional health over the last few weeks than even her physical health; so worried that she was losing complete trust in everyone, in prayer, and even in her Savior.

My first born, who has been through hell and who has no clear picture of an immediate end in sight to her pain and worry....
is choosing, on her own prompting, to be baptized. She does trust. She does believe. She does want to live for Him.

My heart. My Elizabeth.

3 comments: