Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tomorrow

Tomorrow we will head to the hospital for Elizabeth's admit. Two suitcases, two computers, two ipods, three pillows, three blankets, a butterfly to hang, a Glade air freshener (you know we have been there too many times when we take a darn air freshener!) and a handmade sign by Liz stating "Have You Washed Your Hands Before Touching Me?" to hang above her bed (those nurses and docs forget many times), among other things.... we are ready. And still, I have the usual mix of nerves and hesitancy I get before any admit.
Pray for our girl- she is terrified to have the NG tube inserted, as she is not sedated during the procedure. That alone would make me nervous, so I cannot do much but assure her that she can do this. I pray too that she won't be too uncomfortable during the days we are there and the tube remains in-place.
Elizabeth does not know about the plan to place a line or for her to come home with the line in and for TPN to be part of her treatment. She has heard that she will be getting TPN but has no idea what this is. I am always honest with her about her care plan, but I think the thought of the NG tube is enough worry for her and I have decided not to explain TPN until we have been at the hospital for a while.
Pray also for Walter and especially for Kate and Jackson while we are away. Because life just isn't easy sometimes, in a twist of irony, Walter returned to work today after being off for eight days. How much easier this would be if his vacation was this week instead! Jackson and Kate miss me while we are at the hospital and their routine is thrown off, of course. Kate doesn't voice it much, but I know having her twin gone and knowing what she is going through makes her anxious. If you see her around, please give her a smile or a mommy-hug. She is shy and reserved (sometimes!), but she does report when people say hello to her, so I know she appreciates it.
Grateful for medical care, and support and prayer. Overwhelmingly nervous about going through with all of this, but ready to get my girl strong again, so holding onto that. Let's do this thing...Lord please let me know this was the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment