Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I feel like dog....

The kids want a dog so badly. Liz has become obsessed with the idea and spends at least an hour each morning searching the web for the perfect dog....every day there is a new perfect one. I will admit that I fueled the fire by promising her a dog during her last hospitalization. I never should have done that. I mean, I do promise that we will get one, just not now. Not now, not next week, or the week after that. They are just so much work and, well, I am worn out from work. And, I have told many people, many times that I a convinced we will get a dog with a health issue and I can't take the idea of more money or care going towards a sick animal. That isn't going to happen you say? I can give you two very real, very sad examples of that happening to two people I know. I just can't take that right now. We will get a dog. Soon. Just not now. Until then, I will feel like a mean mommy. Exhibit one...
Are you kidding me? How sad is this? The kid has been sleeping with a balloon dog! A. Balloon. Dog. For goodness sake! Exhibit two, if only you could see, is Elizabeth's printed out photos of "Pete" and "Coco" from the animal shelter's adoption page. Ugh. Saturday we went to the cutest birthday "pawty" and we were surrounded by everything puppy. Even the darn chips were in the shape of dog bones. Juliette, I heard nothing but how mean I am and how nice of a mommy you are because you gave your child a dog party AND you have two real dogs! : ) Soon. Just not now. Speaking of dogs..... dogs poop....and I feel like poop. I finally broke down and went to the doctor, if only to get some cough syrup that would actually work. Turns out I have bronchitis/border-line walking pneumonia. Blah. How did that happen?! To top it off and to get my co-pay's worth, I also have a bladder infection. Good stuff. The doctor asked me if I have been extra tired or under any stress lately and I about laughed in her face. I didn't even go there with all I could have said; so I just said "umm, some." Finally, thank you for caring about our family and especially for praying for our Elizabeth. My blog has had over 20,300 (!!) reads, and though I feel exposed and wonder at times if I should continue to blog in the "open", I appreciate that there may have been 20,000 prayers for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment