Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Can you see me?

My burdens... people carry much heavier loads.
My worries... some worry much more.
My frustration... some have more.
My sadness... some are much more sad than I am.
No matter what, there is always someone who has it harder than we do; someone who has it harder than I do. I know this.
Still, I am tired of worrying and feeling frustrated and burdened.

You know how some say that their physical appearance doesn't reflect the "real them?"
I feel something similar to that... I feel like my worry takes away who I really am.
I am happy and silly. I am positive and faithful. I am optimistic and I love to laugh.
Those things get covered up more often than I like lately.

I am tired. So, so tired. Tired of worry and frustration. Tired of waiting rooms and jumping at the phone during the school day knowing it may be the school calling about Elizabeth. I am tired of medical bills and time spent at doctor's offices. I am tired of dinner time being interrupted by Elizabeth's pain from eating and plans ruined because she doesn't feel well. I am tired of feeling superficial some days in conversation with dear friends because I am just too tired to talk and can't concentrate on discussion. I am tired of not being involved in things like I was a year ago. I am tired of being tired.

I feel guilty being this tired'guilty feeling this burdened. There are others who have it so much worse and my days, with my beautiful otherwise healthy family, must seem like a walk in the park to them.
I just want normal back. I want to not be tired. I want to reflect who I really am. I want you all to see the real me..because I really am so happy. Happy is just covered up by fatigue and worry right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment