Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Mr. August

I came across two photos of my Jax that I just had to share -
In the middle of trying to paint 3 rooms in 2 days, my Jackson wanted to be a helper. How could I resist? Especially when, after telling him to get a hat so the paint wouldn't get in his hair, he returned with a hockey helmet on and a tattoo on his arm ( I guess all painters must wear tattoos?)! This child painted, head tilted back from the weight of that adult helmet, with the biggest smile on his face. He actually did a great job and made the task fun for me. I will never forget the sight of him in his painting gear.




Oh my goodness! I had forgotten about this picture until I found it tonight. I can't stop laughing at this silly, silly boy! Doesn't it look like he is posing for a Firemen Calendar?! He stood outside of my sister's house like this for 15 minutes; totally in the "zone" and posing for who-knows-who. Even better than the photo itself, the boots that are on the wrong feet, the fact that he wasn't wearing any underwear (seriously), or the expression on his face.... better than all of those things is that this child makes me laugh every day. He is comic relief (and most times dead serious while he's delivering it, as he doesn't know he is so funny). I love my Mr. August!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading your new blog Ally. I laugh with you and cry with you. I share in your joys of motherhood and also your fears of health challenges along the way. I know you already "know"... but we can't do this journey of life alone. We need one-another and our Almighty Heavenly Father! I'm so blessed to have you back in my life after so many years. I love you today like I did when you were three. And YES... I will still hold you on my lap if you need to cry!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all-time FAVORITE photos! I just love it - esp. since he has on no underwear and the boots are on the wrong feet. Just so precious!

    ReplyDelete