Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

An interview...



I decided to interview my little guy, as he sat curled up in my lap, sad because the girls didn't want him to have any part in their play date. Little brothers don't mix well with boy-talk, giggles and dancing. His answers are great! Unedited, here they are:

Why are you sad?
"Cause the girls are mean and you won't take me to Chuck-E-Cheese"
I'm sorry. Can I ask you some questions?
"Then you take me to Chuck-E-Chesse?"
No, not today. I want to talk to you though.
"Then after questions and talking we can go to Chuck-E-Cheese?"
No.
"I want daddy!"
What do you want to be when you grow up?
"Santa Claus! No, actually (his new favorite word), a police man."
Who is your best friend? (I knew I'd get him to talk if I asked about his buds)
"Jesse and Caden"
What is your favorite thing to do?
"Play with toys. I have lots."
What are you scared of?
"Waspessss" (love that he added "essss")
Who makes you feel safe?
"You!"
What is your favorite thing to wear?
"My pirate shirt and my grey shoes. I only like jeans. I keep telling you that!"
Where do you think the clouds go when we can't see them?
"To another house and to Earth"
What is your favorite song?
"Jesus loves me" (he is now singing, but has added Jingle Bells to the song. A remix, I guess)
What is your favorite thing to eat?
"Macamoni and apples. Or cheeseburgers. Not shrimp"
Who do you like most in the whole wide world?
"Jesse's mommy. Don't tell her! (totally smirking)
What are you thankful for?
"My momma" (TAKE THAT, Jesse's mom! : ) )
Who makes your heart happy?
"Um, God. Don't you know the song Jesus Loves Me?!"

I love this child! You can totally hear him in these answers- he is fun and matter-of-fact. There is no in between with Jax. He is either hot or cold. He loves everyone...including Jesse's mom. Hmph! What makes you so great, Melisa, that you came to mind as his most-liked person in his whole world?! : )
When he is older, I think that people will refer to him as someone who works hard and plays hard and who loves his God and his family. I pray for those things.
What I know for certain is that he has been such a light for us. He is joyful and brings joy... and I love him more than he will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment