Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Holly

Today is Holly's birthday...what better day to tell you all about my friend; about one of my best friends.
I've said before that I think sometimes God looks at us and thinks "Have I got a friend for you!" Holly is that friend for me. Last year, I met her via her blog. We'd actually gone to the same high school had some of the same childhood friends and even had the same crush. Okay, she's going to call me out on it so I'll be honest... I had the crush and turns out she was dating the very boy I used to stare at and wish for!
If you haven't ever read the blog (mysuperspence.blogspot.com), you must. It is a diary of bravery, heartbreak, strength, tenacity, joy and above all else, faith.
We started talking and the rest is history. God knew I needed her friendship. There is nothing like having a friend who makes your spirit, your heart, feel "home" when you are with that person or talking to her.
Everyone should know Holly. She is so fun...sometimes to the point of annoyance! If her fun factor isn't annoying enough at times, add in her awesome cooking and crafting skills and that little Martha makes me want to gag sometimes, seriously! She is positive and loyal. Holly is in L-O-V-E with her husband and more than devoted to her children. She has a faith that even cancer can't shake. And she is so, so brave. I cannot tell you how brave she is.
I love you to Utah and back, Holly Gooch! I thank God you were born and I am grateful for your friendship.

1 comment: