Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Friday, January 28, 2011

La, La, la, La....

I LOVE music. In our home there is most often always music playing. Growing up, music was always on - I can sing along with any James Taylor song. Do you know songs by Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin brothers? No? Thanks to my parents (or better said, no thanks to my parents), I do! Don't even get me started on having a sister who lived her whole childhood as a musical. Megan knew every movie score and the lines to every commercial that had a song in it. Megan's payback is now having her own daughter go through life in song. Music was everywhere. It can remind you of people and places and times, and move you. Music tells a story; it can tell your story. It bonds and encourages and heals.

The songs you hear playing on my blog were chosen because:
Butterfly - I told you in a past blog post how I sing this song to the girls. The words are meaningful and beautiful.

Come to Jesus - mmmm. Listen to the words. Weak, burdened, lost I will always go to Him; I will praise Him. Oh, how I pray my children will live the same.

Gratitude - This song is fitting to my life right now. I can relate to asking Him for things and not getting what I so badly wish for (I am not only speaking of material things), but recognizing that I should trust. From not receiving what I think I need, I may be blesed in other ways. It certainly reminds me to be grateful for what I do have and to trust.

I Belong - Are you noticing a pattern? : )
"Not hardship nor hunger, no pain or depth of sorrow. Not weakness nor failure no broken dream or promise...nothing can take me from Your great love. Forever this truth remains, I belong." I love this reminder.

The Ludlows - This piece is from the movie Legends of The Fall. I have always liked this one! And, it reminds me of Brad Pitt. Kidding! Maybe.

To Make You Feel My Love - Such a beautiful Bob Dylan song and I love the way Kris Allen sings it.

Lullaby - I heard this song as a teen and even then it spoke to me. Now as a parent, I have to say it's a bit unsettling to think of the words. Still, it is beautiful song written by Billy Joel for his daughter and I can understand what he is singing to her.

Return To Pooh Corner - I have known the words to this song for as long as I can remember. My mom first played this song in our home and I have played this Kenny Loggins cd for my kids since they were born.

A song that is not on the blog is Smile.... "Smile though your heart is aching. Smile even though it's breaking. When there are clouds in the sky you'll get by. If you smile through your pain and sorrow, smile and maybe tomorrow you'll see the sun come shining through, for you." I started singing this to the girls (actually, for myself) when they were in the hospital after both having had surgery. Ever since, it is one of the songs I sing to Liz when she is waking from anesthesia or sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment