Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Eight Days

It is hard to believe we have been in the hospital for eight days. Liz and I are both homesick and I miss Kate and Jackson so much. Eight days is forever for Liz as she's been in isolation the whole time.

This morning Liz had her colonoscopy and biopsies. How many times I have had to walk away from her in the OR as I watched her start to fall asleep, having to trust that the doctors and nurses would take care of my baby. Walking away from your child when they are sick and vulnerable goes against every bit of a mother's instinct.
While she was in the OR I started to cry for the first time in days. Thinking of how many times I have paced the halls of this hospital is actually unbelievable. When will I stop having to be here with our girl?
Liz did great during the procedures and though her last two OR visits have resulted in a rough recovery, this time was great! She had much less pain and nausea and woke well; kudos to the team in there today. Labs are being expedited and we should have biopsy pathology back tomorrow at about 1:00.

Tonight Liz is very upset..... she is frustrated as she is going through yet another clean out- her fourth this week- (it is best for her to be rid of any stool for tomorrow) which is uncomfortable. She is also terrified at the idea of swallowing the capsule camera tomorrow during the Capsule Endoscopy. She is great at taking pills, but this camera is a BIG pill and she is afraid she will choke. She is going to need her mind-over-matter strength tomorrow morning to get that done.

I am exhausted and now totally distracted, as I just heard that Jackson wet his pants at school today (which he has only done once before....during Liz's last hospitalization), so I am going to keep this post short. Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment