Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

I was talking with a friend the other day and I shared that I was ready to turn in my "coupons" to God. I must have earned tons of coupons by now, I am sure.....

Serving is part of my very being and I have volunteered my way through this life from early teenhood, eagerly wanting to serve others.
I truly get joy out of giving to others and seeing others happy, with no expectations of anything in return and I have raised my children to do the same. One of my favorite sayings, posted throughout my home, is "To whom much is given, much is required" for goodness sake.

I have never stolen or hurt anyone. I go to church, I live life a Christ-centered life. I pray and see the value in unanswered prayer. I am a good person.....so I must have some credit stored up, right?

And I want to use that credit - coupons, get out of jail free cards, answered prayers- now please! Surely if my life can't be made easy-street from here on out, He will grant me the health of my child. Surely.

But no. As qucikly as the words came out of my mouth I knew my answer. No. There is no credit or coupon. There is only a plan. A plan that will cause pain and suffering and anguish and frustration. A plan that will cause me to call out how angry I am and demand my credit be accepted. A plan that I do not understand and can only wait to know of how it will be used.

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment