Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Purple

Today I wore purple. I rarely wear color, as most of my shirts and sweaters I own are black or gray. Elizabeth has asked me more than once if I am "going Goth or Emo." Umm, first of all, how does she even know those terms?!
I managed a Victoria's Secret store and you may have noticed that those who work there are always in black....it is the dress code. Don't you know that the staff wearing black makes all you bra-buying girls look fabulous compared to us, Dahhhhhlings?! Anyway, for years I wore black, black, black....and I still do.
Not today, though. Today I wore purple because I look like crap! I have dark circles under my eyes that are dark enough and wearing color I thought would lessen the reactions of people. Especially the Pediatrician. Kate and Jackson had their flu shot (and pneumonia shot for Jackson) and I wanted to show the doctor how fabulous I am recovering from our long hospital stay. It didn't work, even in my purple.

Other things that perked up my day (the dark circles remain):

*My Jackson saying "Hawaiian" It is perfectly pronounced "Ha-he's-lyin" by him and I asked him to repeat it about 5 times just so I could giggle.

*Going with the kids to purchase yet another fish and watching them choose the perfect one for our family. For our family; don't you love it?!

*Laughing with Liz as we remembered how, as she was waking from anesthesia, she kept saying "What you talkin' 'bout giiiiirrrrl?!"

*Kaitlin's hugs....when her friends aren't looking.

*Looking forward to being able to watch tv with my husband when he gets home from work. I miss spending time with him during all this chaos.

And finally, please pray for Elizabeth. She had blood in her stool last night after a week of not having any. She also has a sore throat and is beginning to have a cough....blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment