Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Michael's Monday!





Yesterday, Liz threw a fit! She packed her suitcase, refused all meds and breathing treatments, tried calling people for a ride, and yelled enough I was sure we would draw a crowd. She had decided she was done with the hospital and she was determined to escape.
She did finally calm down and her things were unpacked, though there have been many tears for home since. We are still in and I have no idea when she will be discharged.


She is super disappointed to know she will miss the special event tomorrow night! I do not want her to understand just how much her illness financially effects us; I will not have her share in that burden in any way, so I have not told her that tomorrow is a fund raiser. In fact, she has not seen the two news articles about the evening because I don't want her to read about the medical bills right now. She instead knows that tomorrow is a special night where people who care about her- about us- will come together. She knows this....and she is sad to know she will miss it. I will be there as long as she is well enough for me to leave her at the hospital.

<

We have been so touched by how many people have embraced the event and we look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment