Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Date Night

The kids wanted to have a date night for dinner. Jackson came to me and said he was going to take the girls on a date (here) and after dinner he would play freeze tag with them and dance. So...we did. I was their server and they were my guests.

Jackson, under strict direction from our family Diva (you know who that is), greeted the girls at the door, gave them each flowers, walked them to the table and pushed in their chairs for them, and called them "stunning" and told them they looked "gorgeous tonight." They made small talk, as you would on a dinner date, and at the end of the meal Jackson tugged at his little pocket and presented me with an ATM card and said "I'll get the bill" I could have peed (too candid? sorry!)I was laughing so hard!

After dinner they pushed their little table aside and danced. Jackson danced with Liz just long enough to melt my heart before spending the next hour on the ground perfecting his break dance routine- I kid you not!

To be honest, I was a lazy and detached momma today and the kids' plan for dinner made me shake off my funk and have fun. It was a perfect date night.






Waiting for his "dates."





Jax walked the girls to the table...






....and then pushed in their chairs.








Celery, carrots & diced turkey swimming in Ranch dressing, anyone? Gross!





This kid is awesome!




Happy girl





Sweet Katie





Oh, look at the way he is looking at her!





Doin' the Cowboy Dance






Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. OMG...this is the most precious, I have no words!
    Thank you so much for sharing this...I wish my kids
    had this kind of relationship with each other sigh
    <3

    ReplyDelete