Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Good morning, Happiness!

This is what my night looked like.... breathing treatments and a barf bucket!





And this is what my day looks like.... good morning, Happiness!




I always marvel at how a child can be up sick most of the night and then in the morning
be bright-eyed and playful. It reminds me of how, before having kids and having the life
sucked out of me (right, mommy friends?!), I was able to go out all night and still make
it to work the next day.
Nine years into this mommy-thing, I have logged countless nights of missed sleep due to
caring for one of my sickies. And still, I can't help but smile back at them (through
half-opened eyes and a bit of hidden grumpiness) in the morning when they act as though
we've both had the most restful night of sleep. Good morning, Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment