Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pity Party

I am having a pity party. I DO NOT want to have a pity party, but I am not in control of my feelings right now. On top of it, I am also having a "bipolar" moment. Not exactly a moment I guess, as it has been about two hours of this.
I have shared with some how at times I feel bipolar about Elizabeth. In a matter of minutes I can go from feeling unbelievably lucky for her health (the ways she IS healthy) to totally sad and angry that we have had nine years of this. And, If I am being candid and raw-real, I can tell you what else I have shared with few...I even have times of feeling I have a bipolar relationship with God. One minute I am praising Him (even praising all the ways Elizabeth's illness has blessed our family) and the next I feel angry with even Him.
So, here I sit, bipolar (no offense to anyone who is bipolar. This is just the only word I know to describe how I am feeling).
All this after a full day at the hospital where I met with families in horrible situations that made me feel such sadness for them and such gratefulness for the health of my family. I prayed on my way home a prayer of thanksgiving and I hugged the kids extra-tight when I saw them after my day. Yet still, knowing that and having felt that just hours ago, something set me off just enough to feel angry, guilty and sad for my daughter. Bipolar, I tell you.
Poor Walter is going to walk through the door any minute after his own long day at work and I need to decide right now if I am going to wipe away my tears and hide my feelings or if this is going to be a night where I invite him to my pity party and we cry together. Seriously bipolar. Not seriously.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are feeling this way. God so loves you my friend. He is alright with you feeling the way you feel. He will always be with you. Run to Him for strength and peace; and after you run to Him, run to your friends for love, prayers and warm hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes wonder if I should share my feelings with Thomas of my highs and lows moments about health concerns...Most days I don't want to. I don't want to hear I need to stop crying. Sometimes I just want him to cry with me. Am I blessed? Most definitely. But some days just SUCK!!! If you can...share those moments with him.

    ReplyDelete