Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sisters

It has been on my heart to write a blog post about my sister. There is just so much to say, I don't know how to condense it or put it into words. I thought I would be able to tonight, but I cannot. Still, I found these photos and will at least start with them.
Megan and I are 14 months apart. I do not remember life without her. She came along and stole my thunder, I am sure, and in the process made everyone she has ever met fall in love with her. She was spunky, fun and has always had a sparkle in her eye that is half mischievous half glamorous. As a child, I loved her and couldn't stand her, all at the same time. She "took" my friends, read my diary aloud in the middle of our street and kept her side of the room a disaster! We fought and cried and even taped a divider down the center of our room so that we could stay separated. And still, the first nights on my own in my apartment without her, I was so very homesick for her.
As an adult, she has become one of my best friends. She has helped me more than you would ever imagine... taking over for caring for my kids while I am in the hospital or appointments with Elizabeth. There was one point where she stayed for 18 days with first Elizabeth and then Kaitlin, as each was hospitalized back-to-back. The girls were only 7 weeks old and Meg cared for them as well as any mother could.
I could go on, but I won't. My sister is amazing and I am grateful for her.



"Borrowing" (and obviously acting out!) Meg's bottle. Was I cute or what?!








{Who cares that Baby Megan, who cannot swim, is running into the bay. Take a picture of ME!}




And then came a brother. The Prince. The favorite...which is a blog for another day. : )
Nevermind the woman who obviously just departed the Mayflower!

No comments:

Post a Comment