Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

When are you going to marry Daddy?


A bazillion years ago. Alright, maybe it was more like 11 years, but it feels like a bazillion
!




Tonight after dinner Jax saw me spooning dinner into a bowl and, assuming all was going to be eaten, said "We need to save some for Daddy!" Our exchange from there went like this:
me: Jax, this is for Daddy.
Jax: Oh, it's because he is at work and had a hard day?
me: Yes, and I am his wife so I do these things.
Jax: When are you going to marry Daddy two times?
me: Jax, we already got married before you were born.
Jax: Oh, can you do it again? I want to see it.

Ten minutes later, Walt got home and Jax met him at the door asking him to come into his room so he could talk to him privately (the girls are big on this phrase right now). Walter told me that Jax asked him if he could please marry Mommy again so he could see us "mooch" (kiss).

Gosh, I love this kid! I love to hear how his mind works and tonight it is working overtime. Before the wedding talk, he also asked me who Jesus' master is and said he knows he will go to heaven when he dies, and asked if someone can die if a bad guy shoots fire at their neck. What in the world?!

Jackson's "two weddings" talk made me think of a "second wedding" I attended. Two years ago a close friend and her husband renewed their vows for their ten year anniversary. It was one of the most special things I have ever witnessed. It was a small gathering of only 25 people, all who circled around the couple during the amazing ceremony and then sat at one long table for dinner and a night of exchanging stories about the couple, laughter and tears. Beautiful. And yes Jackson, they even "mooched"

2 comments:

  1. Cute, it is funny how Francesca asks sometime where she was in the photos before she was born. It seems like she has always been there.

    Our kids teach us so much.

    Cara

    ReplyDelete