Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Friday, March 25, 2011

SHM




After school on a rainy day. Hot popcorn, hot chocolate and cuddled on the couch.








I was a Y kid and then a latch key kid. My parents worked and I always assumed I would continue working after I had children. I would have my (one!) first child and the go back to wearing heels and pretty clothes, lunch dates with co-workers and bringing home a paycheck. And then....that plan flew out the window once I had the twins. Since then I have been "that" mom. I am a freaking PTA over achiever and even drive a minivan for crap's sake! I wouldn't change a thing though. I get to stay home with my sick child when she/he needs me, I attend field trips and I go to park play dates on weekdays. And, my favorite thing- I get to greet my kids after their day at school. Admittedly, I don't bake cookies to have waiting for them even close to as much as I dreamed I would and I don't greet them with arms open wide as much as I should, but I love the privilege of this.
The kids know no other way than for me to be home with them, so they don't understand fully that it is a treat; "You don't have to walk home in the pouring rain!" I have told them more times that I care to remember. One day they will realize how lucky we all are to have me at home. At least that's what I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment