Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gross!

Today has been gross. Not gross like flu-gross (that's a whole other level), but pretty gross. I started my day collecting and digging through Elizabeth's, um, stool and ended it checking the kids for lice. Somewhere in the middle was finding the girls' mini-compost box, complete with earthworms, in their bathroom! They did the compost project at school and brought it home. Instead of putting the box outside like normal people, they named the worms and vowed to keep them as pets...IN my house. No, no no.

Casually, around 8:00pm, the girls mentioned they had been called to the office with only one other classmate to be checked for lice today at school. So odd, so I dug a little and found out that a child from their school, who was at the party they were at on Saturday, has lice. So, the nurse was called to check them. Ahhh! They do NOT have it at all, but I freaked out and rushed to the store to buy Lice-ridding shampoo. Target had not one bottle left on their shelves, and so I had to hit up another store. I then stuck all three in the shower and gave them treatments before stripping down all the beds in the house. Gross! It was while in the girls' room gathering bedding that I found the worms in the bathroom...you can imagine what may have been discussed then. Gross, gross, gross! This was all done late on a school night, when my gross little ones should have been in bed.

I am itchy, convinced I have lice, exhausted and grossed out. Walter just walked in from work, clean and calm from a workday I can assure you did not include poop, worms or lice scares, and asked how my day was. Um, it was GROSS!


Now do they look like identical twins?








"Edward the worm"

No comments:

Post a Comment