Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oh my! My dining table used for storage. Boo!



No dishwasher...and yes, we are using Christmas dishes.




Thank goodness we have a huge family room and I am able to store furniture there and have a semi-dust free place for us to be.




Come on in...just don't ask to sit down, because the living romm furniture is gone.

Ahhhhhh! My house is making me crazy! It may sound bratty to complain that construction, done out of want rather than need, is making me crazy, but it is. I have dust everywhere, a kitchen that is not functioning and things out of place. Worse, I have no dining room table for our family to eat at....and having that is something that is so important to me.
I once heard Oprah say (again, I am quoting Oprah, which is funny because I rarely watch her show) that your home represents you. More than how it is decorated, she was referring to how your home is and how it mirrors what your life is like. It hit home for me. I have an issue with having my home clean and things put away. I am a bit neurotic about it at times, and I realize it is because it is one thing I can control when my life feels uncontrollable. However, my closets... forget it. NOT organized at all. Do you understand my point yet? My home is nice and appears so put together...but if you look in some of my closets, you'd think a person other than me was in charge of caring for them. The metaphor for me is that me life seems pretty put together and like I have all in order, but the smaller details (the closets) are pushed to the wayside.
Anyway, because I feel the need to live in a "controlled" (clean, put together) home, this kitchen construction is driving me nuts and I can't wait to dust, organize...and cook again! Oh, and the next time you are in my home, I better not catch you looking in my closets! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment