Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby, Baby


This is one week old Harper....isn't she just yummy? She technically is my niece, but once she can be away from my sister for more than an hour, that baby is mine, because.....

My mommy-heart doesn't feel "done" having children. Once you are a mother and you know that you are officially done having babies, I imagine every woman may feel a twinge of sadness. Or wonder, maybe. For sure, when you are done having children but truly feel as though you'd like another, there is a stomach drop that occurs from time to time. Usually it happens when you catch your youngest child outgrowing a stage, or when you hold a baby in your arms and know you'll never hold a baby of your own again.
Last week Walter said he wished that we could have another baby. Stab my heart! This is the same man who, so traumatized by having twins exactly one year into our marriage, I had to promise would never have to change a diaper (I did not keep that promise!) if we could have a third child.
We won't ever have another baby, though. For one, Walt has had a vasectomy, which is kinda a huge contributor to the issue! I also had awful pregnancies and preterm labor with the twins and Jackson, and I don't know how responsible it would be to carry another baby. And then there is Liz.
So... we are done. Grateful for three beautiful children, but done. Boo! I'll have to just hope that one of my sister's girls decides at some point to run away from home and live with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment