Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Saturday




Yesterday was Kate's first volleyball tournament. It seems fitting that, after three location changes, it would end up being held at CSULB in the Gold Mine. I grew up in this building, and it made me smile to watch Kate play in it. I was not an athlete (shocking, I know), but our family has roots with LB State athletics, and I literally spent hundreds of days and nights (many times, homework in hand) being dragged to every basketball and volleyball game held in that gym (and later the Pyramid). I strongly disliked the games, but I love the friendships gained from hours spent there. The McDonalds, the Reyburns... Plus, my grandparents were always there, and I thought time spent with them was very special.
Anyway, it was special to see my Kate playing in the Mine, and I found myself glancing over at "our seats" a dozen times yesterday.

Elizabeth and Jackson attended one of the games, but were then taken home by my dad. It was important for me to be with Kaitlin and I had a fun day with her. NO talk of doctors or meds; she didn't have to see Liz being doted on....it was all Kate, all day. She deserves that.

Kate's team swept each set they played and started the season off in a big way!


I think Kate's favorite part of the day was eating and hanging out with her team at our "camp." These tournaments are long and each Club sets up "camp" for the day- canopies and tables go up, tons of food is brought out, and chairs circle the camp, for downtime during the day.



I cannot stand how cute she is! I love this girl.






Warming up.....and totally annoyed that I was taking pictures -

a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhu96U0YkranorqMSR3bqarrhipXKh45JMsXg0bnMc_D3ispPEBFGzqC9XokJTTZNZ6dQUXdmbOb_JcGCjtFRYPTaJ4oIvVmkKDH-X_0AC3i505TQTS0FRtetsXW3LNUWHwjNQApTLIkz4/s1600/001.JPG">






Jump Kate, Jump!






After our day of volleyball, we visited baby Harper.




Liz adores Harper and is already having fun putting bows in her hair









And, two days after her last infusion, look who feels well enough to bake cookies.....



Keep praying, because it seems to be working! Not only has Liz not had the extra-harsh side effects we expected after the bumped-up run of her IVIG on Friday, she has been better than she was even after last month's infusion. Headache is controlled and no fever! Effects can show up in the weeks after infusion, but for now we are super hopeful. She is very pale, and I am worried about how anemic she may be, so please pray for her counts (blood) to stay on the safe side.

No comments:

Post a Comment