Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Update

Two nights ago I had a panic attack, at least that's what I think it was. I was calmly sitting alone watching TV while the kids were asleep and out of nowhere I felt as though I could not breathe. The more I tried to calm myself, the faster my pulse raced and the faster my breaths came; I was hyperventilating. Ugh! Out if nowhere. I wasn't thinking of anything or worrying- and still it came.
Monday and Tuesday are big appointment days for Liz. I am very nervous about them as I need to have heavy conversations with both doctors and make a huge decision in Liz's treatment plan. Some days I think I don't have it in me to do all of this work-and it IS work- but I know I need to be Liz's advocate. We'll get through it.

Saturday was wonderful as I spent the whole day with my Kate at her volleyball tournament- just the two of us. I soaked in the joy of watching her play and have fun off the court with her friends. It is so important that Kate know she matters and I will make time for her amidst all of this yucky stuff with her sister. Anyway, Saturday was joy and I loved every second of it!

Liz has eaten well the last two days. Not sure that will make a huge deal as we know she's losing calories in large amounts just by resting, but it is nice to see her taking weight gain seriously and have her embrace eating rather than use the issue the opposite way. She'll have a weight check this week.

Thank you for continuing to pray for our Lulu.

1 comment:

  1. Allyson, I make it my daily prayer with my little one as she goes to sleep that we pray for our family and our friends. Granted, I may not know you, I have come to know you and your family through your blog, and I continually pray each and every day. Not just for Liz, but for all of your family. Just know that there is always a prayer being said for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete