Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Let me set it straight-

I sit here writing this, shaking and crying. A mix of complete anger and frustration.
Let me set the record straight -

I would crawl, with Liz in my arms, any distance if I knew of someone who would be able to completely diagnose her and help her get back to where she was two years ago. I would literally crawl. I would beg and even steal if I knew that would fix my girl. UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME POSITION, YOU DO NOT KNOW MY MOTHER'S HEART PAIN OR FRUSTRATION.
So, for those who question whether I am "doing enough" or have "taken her to the right hospitals" or "asked the right questions".... stop questioning.
We have been to UCLA, CHLA, Cedars and CHOC. My binder of her records weighs 8lbs.
I have questioned, argued, pleaded, advocated, fought for and demanded my way around each hospital. I have sat at round tables, with all of the wisdom and arogance a room full of physicians holds and held my own as they each volleyed back and forth with their medical talk. I have stood eye-to-eye with the white coats and not backed down.

All of this, all if it, I have done for my daughter.
I know that questioning me must come out of caring for Elizabeth, but it is hurtful to me. Liz is not a clear cut case, and no one knows exactly which specialty her issues stem from, which is frustrating to even the doctors.

If you think you are worried, frustrated, anxious, confused and demanding answers....I assure you, as her mother, I feel these things a million times more. Having a child is having your heart living outside of your body.... Liz is my heart and it is breaking as we journey through this.

I would carry my girl to the "fix-all". I would die for my baby. I will advocate for her until she is well. Please support us, help me work through my decisions if I ask...but never, ever question if I am doing right or doing enough for my child.

1 comment:

  1. I love that the first thing "Job's friends" did was weep with him. Then they royaly messed up by sharing all their thoughts and opinions. Thank you reminding us to be careful to love and encourage you rightly.

    ReplyDelete