Life is wonderful and difficult... and I am grateful!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby Day

Tomorrow I will have the amazing honor of helping coach my new niece or nephew into this world. In a month that has been full of many deaths of people I know, I can only think of "He gives and takes away." Tomorrow will be a huge "give"

Tonight, Liz asked "Won't it hurt you to see your sister hurting? I can't be there when Kate has a baby because I would be too sad to see her like that! Doesn't it hurt more than anything?"

And then Walter chimed in....wait for it.... "Not more than anything"
I know some of my girlfriends have had thoughts of hurting this man in the past, but I know that now this makes you want to kill him....and I just may let you.
Not more than anything?! Excuse me, but until you've worn these big shoes, buddy, keep quiet!
I said "There may be something in the world that hurts as much as having a baby, but I don't know that there is something that hurts more. Maybe the same, but not more."
My all-natural, no epidural self then added "You are pushing a body out of body, for goodness sake!!!"
That last comment traumatized the girls enough to ever give birth themselves, I am sure.

So, tomorrow is the day!! I was present for Taylor and Makenzy's birth and coached my sweet sister along both times (as her husband tried to keep himself from fainting, poor guy). This birth will be extra exciting because no one knows the sex of the baby. Eeeekkk!!!

Megan being in labor tomorrow is a nightmare of logistics, as labor-isn't-the-most painful-thing-but-about-died-from-a-kidney-stone-himself-and-let-the-world-know-it-Walter has to work and my schedule is full with appointments, carpool, volleyball and Liz's home hospital teacher. Thanks to friends and my mother in law, I think we have most covered. I would never miss it!If Meg can deliver by noon (we both deliver super fast), I will screech on down to Los Angeles with Liz for an important appointment with a new doctor that our Pediatrician has asked to see us this week. He is supposed to be one that can help us most, so we'll see.

Happy Almost Baby Day, Megan!!! I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment